Cubetto is a smiling wooden robot built to teach the basic ideas of coding to children as young as 3 years old. With a simple, building-block-like interface and basic controls, Cubetto is incredibly accessible for young kids, even those who have not yet learned to read. Its included storybook, world map, and colorful, tactile blocks inspire children’s imaginations, sowing the seeds of creativity and problem solving all through play. By sticking to the basic ideas of programming, Cubetto keeps young kids interested, engaged, and challenged without confusing them or making them overwhelmed. Cubetto is the perfect tool for mixing meaningful learning and play through inspiring adventures to create a screenless, friendly, and all-encompassing introduction to coding.
Ages: 3 years and older
- Uniquely designed, interactive robot for learning the basics of coding
- Includes everything your little one needs to begin their coding adventure: Cubetto Robot, Interface Board, 16 Coding Blocks, World Map and Story Book
- Cubetto itself is a simple wooden cube with two wheels on the bottom and a cute, friendly smile on the front. It’s up to you to instruct Cubetto where to go and how to get there.
- An interface board is the keyboard and command line, the tool you use to send instructions to Cubetto.
- 16 instruction blocks, which come in four shapes and colors.
Together, these blocks work as a new kind of hands-on programming language which was inspired by another child-friendly programming language called LOGO, designed in the 1960s at MIT.
- An illustrated floor map drawn on top of a grid to help you plan your next adventure with Cubetto.
- It’s entirely up to the child or children playing with it what kind of adventure they want to take Cubetto on, either using the world map or creating other obstacles to negotiate Cubetto around.
- There are 50 billion combinations that the blocks can be set in, so every time you play with Cubetto, it’ll be a unique journey.
- Inspired by Montessori’s ‘hands on’ principles, Cubetto is also designed to encourage storytelling, creativity and invention, and because it can be played with in groups, teamwork and communication skills develop too.
- Cubetto is designed so that whatever language a child speaks, and whatever background their from, it’s intuitive to use.
- As well as helping children with various disabilities, Cubetto is the first hands-on programming system that can be used by both sighted and non-sighted children in the same setting—creating an equal learning environment that promotes inclusion.
- Beautifully packaged and visually appealing to children.
- Encourages fine motor skills, visual-spatial skills, planning, logic, problem-solving and critical thinking.
- Cubetto measures 4.25 x 3.375 x 4.125 inches.
- Requires 6 AA batteries (not included).
- /!\WARNING: Choking Hazard—Contains small parts! Not suitable for children under age 3 years!